Demolition and Construction Blades: A cutting tool is the element used in machine tools for removing material when you want to carry out a process of machining such as Shear and Guillotine Blades. There are different types of cutting tools, depending on their use. These could be classified into two categories: a tool made of a single material (usually steel), and platelet-cutting tool.
For a good cutting tool material that form should have the following characteristics:
- Hardness – Must have hardness to withstand the high temperature and friction force as it is in contact with the workpiece.
- Resilience – must have the resiliency because the tools do not crack or fracture.
- Wear resistance – Must have an acceptable length, and are not interested need to change very often and stop manufacturing.
Types of tools Steel:
- Alloy Steel
Alloy tool Steel Contains alloying elements, in addition to carbon, tungsten, chromium, vanadium, molybdenum and others. This is also known as low alloy steels and highly alloyed steels. The speed steel (SS) is high alloyed steel because has a high wear resistance. No loss of hardness up to 600 ° C. As speed steel is an expensive material, the tool usually carries the cutting part made of this material. The cutting part or plates are welded to a steel shaft machine.
- Unalloyed steel
It is steel with 0.5 to 1.5% carbon contingent. For temperatures of about 250 ° C loses its hardness, therefore, inappropriate for large cutting speeds and not save in exceptional cases. These steels are usually referred to as carbon steel or steel to make tools (WS).
- Speed steel
The speed steels, high speed or HSS (High Speed Steel) used for tools, usually M and T series (AISI-SAE). With molybdenum and tungsten (you can also have vanadium and chromium), have good temperature and wear resistance.
Today we have a variety of high speed steels:
- Co5 HSS (alloy of cobalt to 5%)
- HSS Co8 (cobalt 8%)
- CO10 HSS (cobalt 10%)
- HSS-G (nitride surface treatment of titanium “TiN” with its distinctive golden color)
An appropriate combination of metal gives best results.